Update 23rd November 2020:
Moving on to the Last Step.
Venues such as Wick Studios are now able to have a maximum capacity of 150 indoors, as long as the 1 person per 4sqm rule can be observed. We are able to book out large rehearsal rooms with up to 9 persons, medium with up to 6 persons, and small with up to 3 persons.
The recording studio can hold up to 50 in the tracking room & 8 in the control room, and our photographic studio can hold up to 25 persons.
Face masks must still be worn at all times throughout the facility unless you are singing into a microphone, eating or drinking.
You are still required to sign in for contact tracing with either a QR code or pen/paper.
Update 30th October 2020:
Lockdown is over
In accordance with restrictions easing, Wick Studios will be opening its doors again from Monday 9th November 2020. We will still be heavily restricted, and following all necessary advice from the Victorian Government as we go. At this stage, we will have a maximum capacity of 20 people in the rehearsals facility, so if you’d like to make a booking, we’d suggest getting in as early as possible. Due to the very limited capacity, we would kindly as you to give us as much notice as possible if you have to cancel for any reason. If your cancellation is within 24 hours and is due to somebody having to isolate or get tested for COVID, we will waive cancellation fees. We would greatly appreciate your honesty and cooperation here.
We have a COVID safe plan in place, and will be requiring all guests to sign in with a QR code immediately upon arrival for contact tracing (all information will be destroyed after 28 days). All guests will be required to wear a face mask at all times, with the exception of a vocalist (and when eating/drinking). All other relevant COVID safe information can be found below from previous statements.
Statement 8th July 2020:
Stage 3 lockdown – rehearsals currently closed
Wick Rehearsals is currently closed due to the stage 3 lockdown measures effective 11:59pm on July 8th. We will remain closed for rehearsals until government restrictions ease. We are taking limited bookings for professional purposes in our recording and photo/media studios under new conditions. As a condition of entry to Wick Studios, you must agree and adhere to these guidelines at all times. We want to continue to offer a safe, comfortable and welcoming space to you, our customers, and hope that everyone can work together to get through this difficult and challenging time.
- Practice physical distancing of 1.5m at all times.
- Practice good hygiene and wash hands regularly.
- Remain at home if you are feeling (even slightly) unwell.
- Each band member must provide contact details upon entering the building. This will be done via QR Code and a Google Form.
- Wear a protective face mask at all times except when active takes are being recorded in the studio, or when photographs are being taken.
What we’ll be doing to ensure the health of our guests:
- Deep cleaning of the facility before clients arrive each day.
- Sanitation and cleaning of the facility and equipment after each session
- Provide safety guidelines to all staff and customers
- Collect contact details for each person entering the building, to be held onsite for 28 days
- Provide hand sanitiser and single-use face masks if you are unable to provide your own (eg. if your mask breaks).
- Staff have completed the Victorian Government’s ‘Operating a hospitality business in a COVID-19 environment’ course and will continue to monitor and learn new policies and training programs issued by the Victorian Government.
Looking forward to seeing you all again (hopefully) soon.
In the mean time, enjoy a pic or two of our recording and photography spaces available to use now!